The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is Australia’s state-owned and funded national public broadcaster. It plays a leading role in the history of broadcasting in Australia.
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is an Australian public broadcaster which provides television, radio and digital online services. It is funded by the Australian Federal Government and received AUD$858 million in 2009.
The ABC needed technical expertise to launch its new mobile services portfolio, aimed at extending audience reach within the mobile space. It was also essential that the mobile site and applications loaded quickly and provided a seamless user experience to its customers.
The ABC needed the advice of an expert mobile services provider with the scale and knowledge to produce a content-rich mobile service for a large audience. It therefore contracted Gomeeki to develop ABC Mobile (mobile website and app development for iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Java-based platforms).
- Up to the minute news
- News in 90 Seconds video bulletins
- Catch up with selected ABC TV and Radio shows on demand
- Live audio streaming of over 25 ABC Radio stations
- Live video streaming of ABC24 television
- Location based weather information
Gomeeki deployed its Cloud platform, Ubiquity to deliver a fully integrated location-based mobile site along with Apple iOS & Android applications for the ABC. Data feeds from five separate divisions within the ABC were ingested into the system along with ABC content published directly from the powerful content engine.
Rich analytics reports are also provided, equipping the ABC with information regarding audience usage and behaviour across the different properties.
- iOS, Android, Java, mobile site application building services
- Ubiquity Data Ingestion Engine
- Ubiquity media and marketing module
- Rich analytics reports for audience usage and behaviour insights across the different properties
- QA testing
- Strict 24/7 SLA
- Retained services model
“Smartphones and tablets are transforming how and where we consume news and information. The ABC must meet the challenge of delivering content to the audience at a time they want and on the device and format they prefer.”Mark ScottManaging Director, ABC